Everyday ML Questions - Vol 1 • Apr 2022
A different way to learn
This book aims to teach you something new, one question at a time.
There are 20,000 + 1 machine learning and data science books out there. That's great, but we wanted something different.
In April, we started publishing one machine learning question every day. A quick story with a problem and a few possible answers. Something quick, practical, and fun that you could solve in a few seconds. In just 30 days the site attracted more than 80,000 visitors and every day over 1,500 people answer the question and it keeps growing.
Many reached out asking for previous questions.
This book is a compendium of the 30 questions we published online from April 1 to April 30, 2022.
Are you interested in more than this book? Check out here!
The book is structured in two main sections: questions come first, followed by the answers and explanations.
Every question tells you a quick story and gives you four possible answers. We try to dive as deep as possible with the explanations, to give you as many details as you need to understand the correct answer.
Here is the list of the 30 questions covered in the book:
- Hot dog or not hot dog
- Daniella is looking at ReLU
- A few regression models to start
- Odd one out
- Eliana knew the answer immediately
- The ideas behind Deep Learning aren’t new
- Histogram head and tails
- We need more capacity
- Helping Madeline remember
- Peter needs a better balance
- I’m frustrated with my training loss
- Ted wants to sell more cars
- Handling missing values
- The mysterious case of the strange loss
- Looking behind François’s Tweet
- Patricia is building a logistic classifier
- The birthday paradox
- Keeping pedestrians safe
- Thinking about softmax
- Alice can’t remember how One-Hot Encoding works
- The anatomy of ReLU
- Australian birds
- Breaking a function down into pieces
- Mia and the feedback loop
- Harper is dealing with small gradients
- Exploring data before anything else
- Susan needs to make a decision
- Linear regression by hand
- 20,000 sunny and cloudy samples
- The true meaning of hyperparameter tuning
Is this book for you?
Interest in artificial intelligence is at an all-time high. Whether you are a programmer or a student interested in data science and machine learning, this book is definitely for you. We cover a wide array of concepts to help you practice and build a much more substantial career in the industry.
30-day money-back guarantee
If you read this book and you didn't learn anything, we'll send you a refund.
Every day we publish a new question. You can go to bnomial.com and answer them right when they go live!
Download "everyday ml questions" e-book in PDF and ePUB format.